Monday, December 29, 2014

Mamul Kitten and Tiger Changing Directions

Mamul Kitten charcoal

Both the Mamul Kitten in charcoal and the Tiger Changing Directions in Pan Pastels and charcoal were done in my holiday drawing book, that plain paper 8 1/2" x 11" one that came with the kid stuff. It's still acid free drawing paper and the lightweight sketchbook is inspiring me to sketch large and loose.

Tiger Changing Directions
Pan Pastels and Charcoal

On the tiger, my challenge was blocking him in first with Pan Pastels and no details, then adding the charcoal stripes and bits of shading. That was difficult but what surprised me was how well it worked!

Mamul Kitten was Sunday's daily art, tiger is today's. So I'm definitely back to daily art, now need to get back to daily posting of it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment