Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pan Pastel Iris and Blue Heron Pen Sketch

Pan Pastel Iris
8 1/2" x 11" Pan Pastels on paper

Photo reference by DAK723 for the December Pastel Spotlight challenge on WetCanvas. So I actually painted yesterday, just still so wiped out by this cold that as soon as I did, I went back to bed. Repeatedly.

I've been sleeping and reading mostly, down with a horrible cold-bronchitis that I had most of the week. But my goal for December was to try to get back to daily art and lo, I'm starting to get back to it. Getting there at the end of the month instead of the start still counts.

Today's art: this pen sketch of a blue heron from a different WetCanvas challenge:

Blue Heron
pen sketch on Stillman & Birn Zeta journal

I might have gotten into daily sketching a lot sooner if I'd checked that Animal & Wildlife challenge for December. Not only did skappy post this awesome blue heron taking off across the water, he put in mamul kittens and cats, tigers, lions, various cats and big cats. I am going back to see if I can get in a good tiger sketch or something tomorrow, maybe try to do a bunch of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment