Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dried Leaf in Pen and Watercolor

Dried Leaf in pen and watercolor
3" x 5" cold press watercolor paper.

Only three empty pages left in this little journal! It's cool coming to the end of one. I don't know what I'll do on the last pages but I love its thick paper that doesn't bleed through no matter what I do.

This morning I looked down and saw this leaf. It's old, most of them are just a reddish faded brown - but this one had deep violet-blue areas and patches, some in shadow and blued still more by reflected sky. I know sometimes they turn black as they degrade into soil, this was a stage in that process. So I had to draw and paint it, the unusual colors and sharp dark shadows grabbed me.

4 comments:

  1. leaf design with pen and water color... OMG, this is AWESOME. ..great job done dude. I don't know how difficult this would be for your but something that we need to appreciable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot. Excellent shapes and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purr thank you! I loved doing this one.

    ReplyDelete