Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 9 and 10 Dave the Cat and Macaw

Dave the Cat
Pastel and pastel pencils on paper
8 1/2" x 11"

Dave the cat belongs to an online friend in the UK. He's a majestic, regal, spoiled sweet snob whom I've always been fond of at a distance. This isn't the first time I painted him, just the best and most recent. I'm very fond of Dave.

I intended to paint him yesterday for day 9 and so this is making up for yesterday's sick day. Later today I'll post today's piece for the 10th, probably from another reference by Lin Goodwin for the current Weekend Drawing Event on Wetcanvas.com.

EDIT: Winsor & Newton to the rescue, I love being able to paint with their watercolour markers. Strong vivid color, easy to use, they wash out great on the smooth Zeta paper from Stillman & Birn as well as on the cold press Bockingford pad that came with them. That's turning into my favorite pen and wash journal, also pen and wash is catching up with watercolor pencils as a way to handle transparent watercolor. Brush tips are a joy to me.

Macaw
7" square
Winsor & Newton Watercolour Markers
on Stillman & Birn Zeta journal
Photo reference by Lin Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment