Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Ari Cat Life Sketches

Ari cat sketches from life 3" x 5"
Winsor & Newton Watercolour Markers
Pocket Moleskine accordion fold journal

I almost didn't even draw today, the cold came back and I felt completely drug out. But my beautiful fluffy muse came and posed right in front of me in compact folded position, all but one foot tucked neatly under him. I had to sketch my beautiful Ari. He moved into the top position twice, which was very good for getting his chest and one visible paw.

Love my Ari cat. The markers are as good as any brush tip pen for capturing his gestures and I do love how it looks when I break the line to give his fur texture. Also always loved the way his knees puff when he lays down like that, sometimes sticking up higher than the middle of his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment