Friday, February 27, 2015

Cat Sketches




Three cat sketches from the 24th, 25th and 26th. The first is from life. The second, a street tree composed from several different street trees in life with a cat from memory clawing it, third is my Ari again from life in a different position.

All three are done with Winsor & Newton Watercolour Markers on Stillman & Birn Zeta 180lb hot press (smooth) watercolor paper.

I was tagged for the 30 Cats in 30 Days challenge on Facebook, so I'll be doing a lot of little cat sketches until March 5th. If I haven't completed 30 new cats, I'll fill out the number posting some previous cat drawings and paintings.

Till then, even when I'm under the weather it's often possible to do a cat gesture. Ari is usually a cooperative model, at least if I get the sketch in during two minutes. If not, I've sketched him so many times I can usually finish it from memory. I love him so much. The more often I sketch him, the more beautiful everything about him is. Right now he's laying flat doing a good impression of a fur rug with legs sticking out. I'll probably sketch him at least once today too.

#6, #7 and #8 of my 30 Cats in 30 Days. I need to start catching up though, so if I can I'll try to get more than one cat in during a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment