Monday, February 16, 2015

Tree Study Lake Scene

Tree Study, Lake Scene
W&N Watercolour Markers on Fabriano Artistico
6 1/2" x 8" sample watercolor paper

Have been resting up, lost a few days lately to both the deep cleaning overexertion and going out for my medical appointment. Plenty of sketching on Wednesday, but otherwise been sleeping a lot. This time of year isn't great though not as bad as November and December for exhaustion. Just haven't done much. Today was getting my toe back in with a quick sketch and designed painting. I had this nice sample of good paper - a paper I've bought blocks of. Found it during the cleaning and thought it should get something in water media on it since it looked so fine.

It's actually cream colored, thus the warm colors of the main palette worked well on it. I half think I should have gone for the darker and slightly less intense Prussian Blue Hue for the water but this is all right.

Also an experiment in combining textures. I meant to wash out the foliage but by the time I was done with it, I liked its effect as is. When something works, don't overwork it!

No comments:

Post a Comment