Thursday, August 20, 2015

Twilight Lightwell

Twilight Lightwell pen and Graphitints on watercolor journal

I'm still working on the Animals ATC Exchange and finished the seventh card this morning - an Asian Leopard Cat in Pentel Pocket Brush Pen and watercolor with whiskers and back lettering in Pigma Micron. Can't post him yet but he's turned out the best one so far, wonderful pose doing a vulture impression on a huge branch. 

This light well is my view from the window of the bathroom on the left going down the hall from my room. It's perpetually twilight, so narrow that all day it gets mostly blue "Sky light" rather than direct sun. The first time I saw it, I went back for my phone and got photos. I still take new ones now and then, fascinated with the Dickensian atmosphere and odd lighting.

So far this is my best sketch of it. The cat's from imagination, I never saw one in that window. Just thought there should be one because cats improve any painting of a window. The city is theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment