Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sketches and Plans

Birds Circles Page
Pentel Pocket Brush Pen on Large Moleskine Watercolor Journal

My most recent postable sketch page. I have 14 Animals ATC Exchange cards done, all of them in pen and watercolor. Many of them with the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen. Every time I use it, I get a little more familiar with it.

Yesterday I also finished my second article for the Coloring Book Club site, which is awesome. New demo is a mandala about 3 1/2" wide that I designed, inked and colored in Prismacolor Premier. I've decided to post the finished art as a teaser, the clean printable version for you to color and all the progress images illustrating techniques will appear with 5 Tips for Shading in Colored Pencils.

Rose Mandala Demo
Pen and Prismacolor on Large Moleskine Watercolor Journal

I'm still doing the last edits on the article but will send it in on time and love how this one turned out. The more of these I do, the more I'm falling in love with my Prismacolors again.

I'm participating in 30 Paintings in 30 Days again this year! So I expect to be posting more and I'm going to be trying to actually succeed this year, start on time and do all 30 of them! 

So this is exciting and I expect to post a lot more often. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment