Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 1 of 30 in 30 - Pear from Life

Pear from Life
6" x 9" Pastel on Paper

I just started Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. Almost missed the first day of the challenge because I got distracted by offline stuff including home care visit, then stayed up a bit late. 

Sometimes tired can make you loosen up! I chose the paper color and ignored local color, started with that blue violet line intending line to predominate and kept going building color intuitively. I let it build on itself and stopped when it needed no more.

Fatigue can turn off all the rational fussy detail-worried mind and let creativity flow deep and wordless!

Pastels are 24 Cretacolor Pastels Carre' and paper is Light Green Canson Mi-Tientes, smooth side. I might mat it to 6" x 8" because of the bit at the top that was under the clip of my drawing clipboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment