Monday, September 28, 2015

Ari Cat from Life

Ari Cat from Life
7" square

I love that Payne's Grey for monochromes. This was done with a Winsor & Newton Watercolour Marker, on my Stillman & Birn Delta journal.

I had planned a more elaborate pen-watercolor or watercolor painting for today from one of the great WDE references this week. But I couldn't resist grabbing the tool when my fuzzy boy posed for me. He crouched on the bed and gave me the cute look. Had to start and work fast.

The more often I use these markers, the more accurate and elegant these sketch paintings are. I love the way they wash out smoothly. I let it dry completely and then touched up a few details with the bullet tip end of the same marker, giving hard edges to the pupils in the eyes and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment