Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 3 Ari Cat ATC Pen and Wash

Ari Cat ATC
Pentel Pocket Brush Pen & Watercolor on WC paper

Very, very tired! Didn't paint today till 11pm and got up at 4am. So wanted something fast and easy - and to use that fatigue for some elegance. 

Naturally after doing 14 ATCs for an animals exchange, I decided I wanted another one to keep or swap. So I looked at my cat, did him in the pose he started with, did not even pencil him.

The Pentel Pocket Brush Pen has a slow learning curve. It's extremely sensitive. I can get wonderful very fine marks with it or good broad ones or thick-thin lines. I've had a lot of practice with other brush pens and love them, but this is a challenge by way of quality. I know I can do more. Watercolor I kept simple in three colors - Sepia, Payne's Gray and Quinacridone Burnt Orange.

All in all, success! Even on days when I almost didn't do it. This really felt good, especially when today was a very bad day. I forgot to take my medication and spent most of it in mind-blotting chronic pain after it wore off. That ate most of the day but I was in a good mood and an hour after I realized it and took it, I was fine. C'est la vie - it's why I'm not an addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment