Friday, October 2, 2015

Whale Shark Sketch

Whale Shark
7" x 3 1/2"

Back to Winsor & Newton Watercolour Markers. On the bottom of the page I added a detail sketch of the markings, which are simplified in the main sketch but if I develop this into a painting I can definitely get more detailed on markings. The bands of dots alternate between larger white ones and smaller pale blue ones that make an interesting almost a grid pattern on the animal.

I always liked whale sharks. Large krill grazers, they live a lot like whales and are very gentle. Most of the documentaries I've seen them, they let people ride them holding a fin and don't get alarmed at divers. But so very huge!

This was yesterday's daily sketch, today's will be a bit different. Haven't decided subject or medium yet but I'll post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment