Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ari cat pen sketch from life

Ari cat life sketch
Pigma Micron 01 on 
Stillman & Birn Zeta journal

This is yesterday's daily art. Flu-ish bug is still awful, yesterday was the worst with the dripping and coughing and fevers. Not surprised I forgot to post. It's in the upper left corner of a 7" square Zeta journal page, so I might use some watercolor accents on this before I'm done with it.

Almost feeling a bit better today, at least a bit less choking. I'll get something done and add to this post or do another post. Since I got my direct deposit yesterday, I also placed an Amazon order - getting a replacement for my beloved pastel table, a prism and an abalone shell. I used to have all three of those things. The table made it through a dozen moves and was useful all the time. Abalone shell was something my grandparents had that went with grandma's estate. Prism was something I had as a kid and then later bought one in the 80s, always with the idea of someday doing a painting that shows the way life looks if you look through a prism.

Of course it also spatters little spectrum spots all over the walls under direct light, that's the obvious fun thing with a prism. But if you look through it at something high contrast, you'll see the spectrum edging every hard line - reddish at one side, violet the other, all the colors there in a narrow band.

I mean to get that effect in a painting sometime and the best way to do it will be to actually set up something and use the prism to view it. Should be fun!

It might even be here this evening. Amazon shipped fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment